The history of the estate 1945 – 2004
Description of functions
An important element of this period of the estate’s “development” is the reprehensible example of the devastation of the estate’s layout, originally divided into a representative residential area and farm house.
Typical farm outbuildings were located in the representative part of the park surrounding the palace, such as the brick and wooden storage building, situated 10m from the Palace, a hall-warehouse to store potatoes with a surface area of 2000m2 situated at the very front of the main driveway to the palace, which required the cutting down out 5 impressive 100-year-old red oaks, and at the same time making a new driveway to the palace in the park from the north-west corner. Similarly, low-rise office buildings were located directly along the driveway, previously clearing the park at this point.
After 1945, changes also affected the farm. The four-storey distillery in red brickwork was completely rebuilt and irreparably destroyed. Significant changes affected all the facades of the historic stable, which was, fortunately, regenerated in accordance with the original features.
In the 1970s new farm buildings were built in place of the old ones: the storage building, a barn, a warehouse and a residential building. Secondary divisions were made in the park; a hydrophore plant with a fenced, adjacent area, a pitch and a playground for children in the viewing area of the meadow, a farm building inside the park.
At the same time, everything which represented any value was successively looted, stolen and taken away, whereas new garbage dumps appeared in the park. The palace fell into ruin and technical devastation, which was perfectly reflected by the fact that trees were growing in the drainpipes on the roof and the collapsed rotten ceiling hanging over a ballroom which fell after filling the bath tub with water on the floor above. Unfortunately, no one was hurt.
Stages of development.
After 1945, the farm initially became the property of the State Property Authority. In 1950 PGR Ciekocino was created, and the later fate and history of the property is connected to post-war ownership and institutional transformations: 1957 – Zespół PGR Rosice with its seat in Komaszewo, 1957-1959 PGR Ciekocino, 1959-1960 PGR Żelazna Inspectorate, 1960 PGR Ciekocino, 1968 – 1970 Stacja Hodowli Roślin Kurowo (plant breeding station), 1970-1980 Kombinat Rolny Żelazna, from 1980 SHR Kurowo. In 1998 the Agricultural Property Agency became the owner of the complex. In 2004 Tomasz Bałuk became the new owner.