History of the estate up to 1945
History of the place – historical analysis 1362 – 1945.
Consecutive historical names of the village:
24.11.1362 – a faithful servant, Wichen, received 4 free lans of land under the Chełmno law in the village, which was known as Czakentzin, Sakrzisch, Sakenzin. The village remained in this form for 300 years.
The first note on Zackenzin dates from 24.6.1362, when the Gdańsk Grand Commander of the Teutonic Order, Gieselbrecht von Dudelsheim donated the village to the “faithful Vicke” as a place to settle colonists.
For nearly 300 years Zackenzin remained a typical peasant village with a mill and a tavern. The last Duke of Pomerania, Bogislaw XIV, donated Matzke Borcke the villages of Zackenzin, Wittenberg (Białogóra) and Uhlingen (Ulinia), “all belonging to the Curow estate”.
1437 – 23 lans belonged to the village of Sakenzin, but with one water mill / from the rent book – the village of Czatkenczin has 33 lans
1628 – Sakenzin is mentioned as a village with 27 lans, 2 cottagers and 1 mill.
1658-1804 – the village was included in the Krockow and Osseken estates.
1804 –1853 – the next consecutive owners are: the Jasmund brothers, Johan Ludwig Canlen, Treubrodt.
1853 – Hanichen becomes the owner
After frequent changes of owners, over the next six decades, in the years 1864-1905, the estate belonged to the von Braunschweig family.
1864 – Leo von Braunschweig becomes the owner.
29.06.1899 – Georg von Braunschweig becomes the owner.
1905 – Ernst von Braunschweig becomes the owner
1784 – the rural municipality had existed for a long time, but in the same year there were 5 peasants and 2 cottagers
1837 – the municipality is presented as a village and farm house
1887 – a vicariate is established in Zackenzin
18.11.1891- a new church is consecrated
1.01.1903 – the independent parish is further developed
1905 r – Hayer is the owner of the mill, Kuschweld and Gerdkow are the owners of the manor house
From 1905 to 1934 – the estate belongs to the Ewest family, who in 1910 on the site of the former manor build a “new” one, preserved to this day.
In 1934 the estate, with a total surface area of approx. 800 ha, was acquired by the last owner before the war, the Lauenburg (Lębork) county veterinarian, Dr. Wilhelm Koops, for the sum of 400 000 RM.
In 1939, the estate has an area of 800 ha, including 381 ha of arable land, 39 ha of meadows, 57 ha of pastures, 315 ha of tree stand; animal population: 43 horses, 155 cattle, 350 pieces of swine; unit value: 569 800 RM.
It was in Zackenzin that the Red Army caught up with the convoy of von Krockow/von Puttkamer families from Rumbske (Rumsko) in the eastern part of the Stolp (Słupsk)county. Christian Graf von Krockow, describes in the book “The Time of Women” (org. title “Die Stunde der Frauen”) the tragic experiences of his sister, Libussy.
1945 the estate becomes the property of the State Property Authority (Państwowe Nieruchomości Ziemskie)
1950 PGR (State Agricultural Farm) Ciekocino is created, then the estate is administered by the Inspectorate of PGR Żelazna, Stacja Hodowli Roślin (Plant Breeding Station) Kurowo, Kombinat Rolny (Agricultural Conglomerate) Żelazna
1998 The Agricultural Property Agency becomes the owner of the complex
1957– PGR Rosice with its seat in Komaszewo
1957 – 1959 PGR Ciekocino,
1959-1960 Inspectorate of PGR Żelazna,
1960 PGR Ciekocino,
1968 – 1970 Stacja Hodowli Roślin Kurowo,
1970 – 1980 Kombinat Rolny Żelazna,
from 1980 once again SHR Kurowo
2004 – Tomasz Bałuk becomes the new owner
The grandson of Dr. Wilhelm Koops, Klaus Koops, today lives in Lübeck, where he practices the profession of a gunsmith. Since 2005, he regularly visits the property, usually at the turn of January and February, during the winter hunting season, when he comes to Poland along with his friends.
One of the few musical talents from this part of Pomerania (Hinterpommern) was born in the village: Richard Gabriel, born. 3.9.1874, d. in Greiswald 20.5.1960, an organist and choir master in Sagan/Schlesien (Żagań), from 1921 in Köslin (Koszalin), from 1932 in Stettin (Szczecin); composer of works for the organ and piano, ballads, singspiel, overtures and choir songs.